There are so many reasons to visit Bath during the colder months of the year. It really is one of those places that truly shines in the cold weather, due to the stunning architecture, cosy atmospheres created within restaurants and tea rooms with fire places and most importantly comfort foods. Although summer is a great opportunity to showcase our wonderful English Strawberries and fruit varieties, we feel Autumn is where the food really shines. Bath’s produces some wonderful things to eat, ranging from cakes and ale, to gastro and gourmet experiences and throughout the end of September and all through October, visiting celebrities, food writers and local food businesses are putting on a range of food events to tantalise every taste bud for the Great Bath Feast.
One of the things us at Villa Magdala will be doing is showcasing our award winning breakfast for our guests as part of the Great Bath Breakfast. Breakfast is our personal favourite meal of the day (aside from our afternoon tea and cake of course) and we’re always determined to consistently produce homemade jams, locally sourced meat and eggs, to give our guests the very best Bath can offer for their visit.
As part of the Great Bath Breakfast we’ve also teamed up with Bath’s dog treat company Four Legged Fancies to produce our dog Billy his very own special breakfast!
Billy’s Barking Bath Breakfast
Toast (beef biscuits made with beef stock and rapeseed oil)
Beans (Crunchy biscuits coloured with organic carrot juice)
Bacon (Bacon biscuits made with beetroot juice and tasty bacon bits)
Fried Egg (A chicken stock doggy donut filled with an organic carrot juice biscuit)
Sausages (Crunchy Biscuits made with fresh chicken, liver, eggs and wholegrain flour)
During the Great Bath Feast month guests will be able to purchase their very own Barking Bath Breakfast to bring home to their dogs!
Just in case you’re all a bit overwelmed with what to do we’ve put together our top 10 foodie events that tickled our tummies! Enjoy!
Villa Magdala’s top 10 Great Bath Feast Events
1: A Sumptuous Banquet in Celebration of West Country Food and Drink at Dick Willows Cider Farm: Saturday 5th October
2. Raymond Blanc Supper in Bath, Topping & Co Bookshop: Thursday 25th October
3. Angela Hartnett: Guest Chef at The Bertinet Kitchen: Friday 12th October
4. Cakes: A Delicious History at Sally Lunn’s Historic Eating House: Wednesday 10th October
5. Great Bath Feast Brewery Tour at Bath Ales (Warmley): Thursday 11th October
6. The Dark and Delicious Secret Tea Party- Halloween Special: Saturday 20th October
7. Autumn Fruit and Plant Forage & Cook at Vegetarian Cookery School: Thursday 18th October
8. Bath on a Plate Supper Club at The Hop Pole: Tuesday 23rd October
9. Halloween Family Party at Allium Brasserie: Wednesday 31st October
10. Great Western Wines: The Portfolio Tasting at The Assembly Rooms: Thursday 25th October